The aim of this course is: Understanding Addiction – is it a choice?
The objectives of this course include the following:
• To explore the complexities and myths of addiction and behaviour, including definition
• To understand that addiction is a brain disorder
• To explore the impact of addiction on society -who does it effect?
• To consider the impact on children / families
• To understand the drug/alcohol agencies and meeting their “Tier” system
• To explore how health and social care can work with addiction family interventions