The aim of this course is: Understanding Addiction – is it a choice?
The objectives of this course include the following:
• To explore the complexities and myths of addiction and behaviour, including definition
• To understand that addiction is a brain disorder
• To explore the impact of addiction on society -who does it effect?
• To consider the impact on children / families
• To understand the drug/alcohol agencies and meeting their “Tier” system
• To explore how health and social care can work with addiction family interventions
Be sure to also check out our increasingly popular online training courses, where learning can be done remotely. To find out more, please click on the link here.