Forced marriage is a marriage in which one or both of the parties is married without his or her consent or against his or her will. This course is delivered by Bal, who herself was forced into marriage at the age of 17. After escaping her forced marriage, Bal was subsequently disowned by her family.
The objectives of this course include:
• To enable individuals to understand and recognise the difference between “Arranged Marriage” & “Forced Marriage” and potential community issues
• To explore the impact of Forced Marriage on victims – Case Studies
• To identify triggers and risk indicators for the victim and/or front-line practitioners – true victim accounts
• To increase awareness of Forced Marriage legislation
• Assessing and managing risk to increase safety of victims
• To increase individual’s knowledge of the resources and support services available including “No Recourse to Public Funds”
Be sure to also check out our increasingly popular online training courses, where learning can be done remotely. To find out more, please click on the link here.