The Modern Slavery Act 2015 is designed to tackle slavery in the UK and consolidates previous offences relating to trafficking and slavery.
The course will aim to raise and have an awareness of Modern Day Slavery/Trafficking, which involves the exploitation of people/children who are coerced, deceived, forced into, or expected to accept, a life of abuse, servitude or inhumane and degrading treatment.
The objectives of this course include:
• To understand the different forms of Modern Day Slavery under the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015
• To understand the Government Strategy and legal framework for Modern Day Slavery Act 2016
• To understand how victims become involved in slavery
• To identify locations and signs that indicates modern slavery
• To explore health risks and work with victims of modern slavery
• To explain the referral process and available resources