The Modern Slavery Act 2015 is designed to tackle slavery in the UK and consolidates previous offences relating to trafficking and slavery.
The course will aim to raise and have an awareness of Modern Slavery/Trafficking, which involves the exploitation of people/children who are coerced, deceived, forced into, or expected to accept, a life of abuse, servitude or inhumane and degrading treatment.
The objectives of this course include:
• To understand the different forms of Modern Slavery under the Modern Slavery Act 2015
• To understand the Government Strategy and legal framework for the Modern Slavery Act 2015
• To understand how victims become involved in slavery
• To identify locations and signs that indicates modern slavery
• To explore health risks and work with victims of modern slavery
• To explain the referral process and available resources
Be sure to also check out our increasingly popular online training courses, where learning can be done remotely. To find out more, please click on the link here.