(1 day) [BKH10]
This is a basic introduction exploring some of the major issues connected to substance misuse and is appropriate for workers from a wide range of agencies, who will or do encounter drug use in the course of their work.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
• Name a range of commonly used substances and categorise them according to effect, duration and legal status
• Recognise the importance of attitudes towards users and how they impinge on service provision
• Begin to distinguish between legal and illegal activities regarding drug use
• Respond to drug use more confidently
• Describe main approaches to understanding and working with drug using behaviour
• Name the main referral agencies available in the local area
Courses can be tailored to suit your organisational / team requirements.