(1 day) [BKH12]
This is an introductory training course exploring some of the major issues connected to substance misuse, young people and families. It is appropriate for workers from a wide range of agencies, who will or do encounter parental substance misuse or drug use in young people.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
• Understand the organisation of treatment for young people
• Be able to effectively screen a young person for substance misuse
• Recognise signs and symptoms of drug use in young people
• Consider harm reduction strategies for young people who use substances
• Describe the main theories of addiction and how these relate to young people and their families
• Have increased confidence when working with families where there is parental substance misuse
Courses can be tailored to suit your organisational / team requirements.
Be sure to also check out our increasingly popular online training courses, where learning can be done remotely. To find out more, please click on the link here.