Honour based violence is a violent crime or incident which may have been committed to protect or defend the honour of the family or community. Different organisations and people working with individuals should be aware of the signs of abuse so that they are able to identify cases of victims who may be in need of help or protection. This course includes practical examples and the opportunity to discuss local issues that may arise within your own field.
The objectives of this course include:
• To enable individuals to understand and recognise the different forms of Honour Based Abuse and potential community issues
• To explore the impact of Honour Based Abuse on victims
• To identify practice issues and cultural sensitivity/community beliefs
• To increase awareness of human rights and other legislation
• Assessing and managing risk to increase safety of victims
• To increase individual’s knowledge of the resources and support services available including “No Recourse to Public Funds”
Be sure to also check out our increasingly popular online training courses, where learning can be done remotely. To find out more, please click on the link here.